Description: This exercise works on the upper back and rear deltoids (shoulders).
Level of Difficulty: Advanced
1. Lie down on your mat, abs down, with your arms extended out perpendicular to your chest.
2. Grab one dumbbell in each hand. Make sure your thumb is always underneath the weight and never resting on the top of the handle.
3. Bend your elbows slightly and keep your toes, hip bones, and ribs on the floor at all times.
4. Lift your arms four inches off the floor and hold briefly for a count of 5 before returning to the starting postion.
5. Start slowly working to 5 repetitions holding for a count of 5 each, then later increasing the repetitions to 10 holding for a count of 5 each.
Allow your head to rise naturally, and use a smooth motion both in the upward and downward movements.